Have you ever wondered about those folks who leave their homelands in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, or some other English-speaking country and teach English in a foreign land? It looks exciting and you might be thinking that this is something you would really enjoy doing. You will be happy to know that i-to-i provides every bit of training and knowledge you need to become a qualified TEFL teacher abroad. Not only do they make you a teacher but give you the professional know-how to be the best. Take a look at the opportunities they provide you.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Popular Schools — Or Choose A State Here
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (K - Adult)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English Language Development
- M.Ed. in TESOL
- And more...
- ESL MAE
- Curriculum & Instruction MAE
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Instructional Design and Technology
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction for Educators
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Adult Education and Training
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- English Second Language - Master of Education
- English Second Language - PhD in Education
- English Second Language - EdS
- And more...
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form on the right to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- M.S.Ed - Teaching English Language Learners (Grades K-12)
- M.S. in Education
- M.S.Ed - Professional Development (Grades PreK-12)
- And more...
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.Ed. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (Does not lead to initial teacher licensure)
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- M.A. in Teaching - Professional Learning Communities (Does not lead to initial teacher licensure)
- And more...
- Added Emphasis Ed Spec Credential- Mod/Sev (Preliminary)
- Added Emphasis Ed Spec Credential- Mild/Mod (Preliminary)
- Credential (Educ Specialist Moderate/Severe level 2)
- And more...
A Robust Selection of TEFL Courses
Course offerings through i-to-i TEFL give you the minimum 120-hour instruction plus more. While the standard 120-hour course will certainly get you your first TEFL job, the selection of additional classes available to you will open the door to getting the best opportunities. The basic course is convenient and practical as well. It is given in two parts. 100 hours consists of theoretical online instruction in TEFL and 20 hours is actual teaching practice in a real classroom setting. Plus, their extensive list of additional classes allows you to gain specialization and become an English grammar expert which will make you far more marketable in the TEFL world.
Attractive First Opportunities with TEFL Internships
Want to try out TEFL teaching a little before making it a long-term career? TEFL internships are an excellent opportunity for doing just this. After completing your standard certification course, you can apply for an internship in China, Thailand, Taiwan, or Poland and be on your way to your first real teaching experience. These are paid internships giving you a living allowance, place to live, short-term contract, and the best in support for you the teacher.
Access to TEFL Jobs Abroad
Are you wondering what the real demand is for TEFL jobs abroad? Maybe you want to jump right in and find your first teaching job overseas after completing your standard coursework. This is part of the perks of taking courses through i-to-i. As a graduate of the standard TEFL course, you can request a list of thousands of job contacts or choose to use the job placement service. Whichever route you choose in getting your first teaching job, you will be well-qualified through the school’s TEFL instruction and be marketable to thousands of employers throughout the world.
TEFL Frequently Asked Questions
As with any educational program that produces qualifications for a new career, those inquiring about TEFL will have many questions. However, there are some questions that are commonly asked among the majority of those with interest in this field. You might be wondering if a non-native English speaker can be a TEFL teacher or what is the standard certification course like. Find the answers to these questions by visiting the common frequently asked questions page.
The English language is the most widely-used in the world. Parents of children in non-English speaking countries know that their children will have the greatest chance of success in their student and professional lives by having a good command of English. For many of these countries, tourism is their primary national product and for this reason workers in the industry must be able to speak with English speaking travelers who visit their countries. This makes you the TEFL teacher a very integral part in making a difference in foreign lands.
As you can see, practically every aspect of TEFL instruction and preparation has been made available to you. Don’t waste another day wondering about what it would be like to be a TEFL teacher abroad. If this is what you would like to do, then get enrolled in a 120-hour TEFL certification course and begin living your dream.
Image Source: teach-english-jobs.com