Have you ever wondered about those folks who leave their homelands in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, or some other English-speaking country and teach English in a foreign land? It looks exciting and you might be thinking that this is something you would really enjoy doing. You will be happy to know that i-to-i provides every bit of training and knowledge you need to become a qualified TEFL teacher abroad. Not only do they make you a teacher but give you the professional know-how to be the best. Take a look at the opportunities they provide you.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Popular Schools — Or Choose A State Here
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Teaching Credential
Further your education at Rasmussen College.Choose from seven schools of study including programs in business, nursing, technology, and more. You could earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career through our AcceleratED program.
- ESL MAE
- Curriculum & Instruction MAE
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (K - Adult)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English Language Development
- M.Ed. in TESOL
- And more...
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form on the right to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- M.S. in Adult Learning-Teaching Adults English as Second Language
- M.S.Ed - Teaching English Language Learners (Grades K-12)
- Ph.D. in Education - Mixed-Model
- And more...
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MS - English Language Learning and Teaching
- MS - K-12 Studies in Education
- PhD - K-12 Studies in Education
- And more...
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- M.Ed. Teaching & Learning: History
- AA in Education (Non-Licensure)
- CERT: Preschool
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education - Instructional Technology (K-12)
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Master of Education in Teaching & Learning
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Master of Education in Instructional Design & Technology
- And more...
A Robust Selection of TEFL Courses
Course offerings through i-to-i TEFL give you the minimum 120-hour instruction plus more. While the standard 120-hour course will certainly get you your first TEFL job, the selection of additional classes available to you will open the door to getting the best opportunities. The basic course is convenient and practical as well. It is given in two parts. 100 hours consists of theoretical online instruction in TEFL and 20 hours is actual teaching practice in a real classroom setting. Plus, their extensive list of additional classes allows you to gain specialization and become an English grammar expert which will make you far more marketable in the TEFL world.
Attractive First Opportunities with TEFL Internships
Want to try out TEFL teaching a little before making it a long-term career? TEFL internships are an excellent opportunity for doing just this. After completing your standard certification course, you can apply for an internship in China, Thailand, Taiwan, or Poland and be on your way to your first real teaching experience. These are paid internships giving you a living allowance, place to live, short-term contract, and the best in support for you the teacher.
Access to TEFL Jobs Abroad
Are you wondering what the real demand is for TEFL jobs abroad? Maybe you want to jump right in and find your first teaching job overseas after completing your standard coursework. This is part of the perks of taking courses through i-to-i. As a graduate of the standard TEFL course, you can request a list of thousands of job contacts or choose to use the job placement service. Whichever route you choose in getting your first teaching job, you will be well-qualified through the school’s TEFL instruction and be marketable to thousands of employers throughout the world.
TEFL Frequently Asked Questions
As with any educational program that produces qualifications for a new career, those inquiring about TEFL will have many questions. However, there are some questions that are commonly asked among the majority of those with interest in this field. You might be wondering if a non-native English speaker can be a TEFL teacher or what is the standard certification course like. Find the answers to these questions by visiting the common frequently asked questions page.
The English language is the most widely-used in the world. Parents of children in non-English speaking countries know that their children will have the greatest chance of success in their student and professional lives by having a good command of English. For many of these countries, tourism is their primary national product and for this reason workers in the industry must be able to speak with English speaking travelers who visit their countries. This makes you the TEFL teacher a very integral part in making a difference in foreign lands.
As you can see, practically every aspect of TEFL instruction and preparation has been made available to you. Don’t waste another day wondering about what it would be like to be a TEFL teacher abroad. If this is what you would like to do, then get enrolled in a 120-hour TEFL certification course and begin living your dream.
Image Source: teach-english-jobs.com