Have you ever wondered about those folks who leave their homelands in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, or some other English-speaking country and teach English in a foreign land? It looks exciting and you might be thinking that this is something you would really enjoy doing. You will be happy to know that i-to-i provides every bit of training and knowledge you need to become a qualified TEFL teacher abroad. Not only do they make you a teacher but give you the professional know-how to be the best. Take a look at the opportunities they provide you.
It is vitally important to be informed!
Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
Popular Schools — Or Choose A State Here
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (K - Adult)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: English Language Development
- M.Ed. in TESOL
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Teaching Credential
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MS - English Language Learning and Teaching
- MS - K-12 Studies in Education
- PhD - K-12 Studies in Education
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- M.S.Ed - Teaching English Language Learners(Grades K-12)
- Ed.S. in Assessment Evaluation and Accountability - General Program
- Ph.D. in Education - Mixed-Model
- And more...
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- A.A. in Education
- Doctor of Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- ESL MAE
- Curriculum & Instruction MAE
- Instructional Design & Technology
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education - Instructional Technology (K-12)
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
A Robust Selection of TEFL Courses
Course offerings through i-to-i TEFL give you the minimum 120-hour instruction plus more. While the standard 120-hour course will certainly get you your first TEFL job, the selection of additional classes available to you will open the door to getting the best opportunities. The basic course is convenient and practical as well. It is given in two parts. 100 hours consists of theoretical online instruction in TEFL and 20 hours is actual teaching practice in a real classroom setting. Plus, their extensive list of additional classes allows you to gain specialization and become an English grammar expert which will make you far more marketable in the TEFL world.
Attractive First Opportunities with TEFL Internships
Want to try out TEFL teaching a little before making it a long-term career? TEFL internships are an excellent opportunity for doing just this. After completing your standard certification course, you can apply for an internship in China, Thailand, Taiwan, or Poland and be on your way to your first real teaching experience. These are paid internships giving you a living allowance, place to live, short-term contract, and the best in support for you the teacher.
Access to TEFL Jobs Abroad
Are you wondering what the real demand is for TEFL jobs abroad? Maybe you want to jump right in and find your first teaching job overseas after completing your standard coursework. This is part of the perks of taking courses through i-to-i. As a graduate of the standard TEFL course, you can request a list of thousands of job contacts or choose to use the job placement service. Whichever route you choose in getting your first teaching job, you will be well-qualified through the school’s TEFL instruction and be marketable to thousands of employers throughout the world.
TEFL Frequently Asked Questions
As with any educational program that produces qualifications for a new career, those inquiring about TEFL will have many questions. However, there are some questions that are commonly asked among the majority of those with interest in this field. You might be wondering if a non-native English speaker can be a TEFL teacher or what is the standard certification course like. Find the answers to these questions by visiting the common frequently asked questions page.
The English language is the most widely-used in the world. Parents of children in non-English speaking countries know that their children will have the greatest chance of success in their student and professional lives by having a good command of English. For many of these countries, tourism is their primary national product and for this reason workers in the industry must be able to speak with English speaking travelers who visit their countries. This makes you the TEFL teacher a very integral part in making a difference in foreign lands.
As you can see, practically every aspect of TEFL instruction and preparation has been made available to you. Don’t waste another day wondering about what it would be like to be a TEFL teacher abroad. If this is what you would like to do, then get enrolled in a 120-hour TEFL certification course and begin living your dream.
Image Source: teach-english-jobs.com